Introduction to Android
- How to setup Android Development Environment.
- Android development Framework - Android-SDK, Eclipse. Emulators - What is an Emulator / Android AVD ?
Android Activities and UI Design
- Understanding Intent, Activity, Activity Lifecycle and Manifest
- Creating Application and new Activities. Expressions and Flow control, Android Manifest
- Simple UI -Layouts and Layout properties
- XML Introduction to GUI objects viz.
Advanced UI Programming
- Event driven Programming in Android (Text Edit, Button clicked etc.) Creating a splash screen.
- Event driven Programming in Android and Android Activity Lifecycle.
- Creating threads for gaming requirement and Understanding the Exception handler.
- Toast, Menu, Dialog, List and Adapters
Multimedia Programming using Android
- Multimedia audio formats - Creating and Playing and Multimedia audio formats - Kill / Releasing (Memory Management).
- How to associate audio in any application and How to associate video playback with an event
Database - SQLite
- Introducing SQLite and SQLiteOpenHelper and creating a database.
- Opening and closing a database and Working with cursors Inserts, updates, and deletes
Location Based Services and Google Maps
- Using Location Based Services and Working with Google Maps
Android Development using other Tools
- Other ways to Develop Android Applications and Graphics / Game development using Adobe CS5.5 Flash.
- How to render .apk file from Adobe Flash
Testing and Debugging Android Application
- Role and Use of Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) and How to debug android application.
- Use of Step Filters, Breakpoints, Suspend and Resume and How to use LogCat (Verbose, Debug, Info, Warn, Error, Assert).